Surface Treatment Services
Degreasing and passivation of stainless steel pipe work and vessels
- Degreasing is the process of removing grease from stainless steel, this is carried out prior to final cleaning.
- Passivation is the chemical treatment of stainless steel with a mild oxidant to remove free iron from the surface and speed up the process of forming a very thin transparent protective layer which protects the stainless steel from selective oxidation.
- Survey of system to be passivated i.e. DIW / RO water pipe work, tanks, IBC vessels
- Calculation of volume of acid required and supply.
- We have a mobile rig for degreasing and passivation, this reduces the set up time on site. The rig has a pump and jacketed tank to heat the solution to the required temperature. A Method Statement and Risk Assessment are provided prior to the commencement of works.
- Documentation on completion.
- Removal of acids
- Certification on completion
Electro polishing of equipment
Purpose built electro polishing plant.
- Electro polishing of wall protection corner sections.
- Valves, fittings polished to customer requirements.
- Electro polishing of stainless steel handrails.